Thursday, July 28, 2011

Obligatory 30 days out post

So I am getting married in just 30 days.  That seems absolutely NUTS!  Of course, I am very excited about it, and I am looking forward to it, and all of those things, but it is getting to that "its-so-close-I-have-a-lot-to-get-done-how-am-I-going-to-fit-everything?" time. 

J's bachelor party is this weekend.  I am a little irritated by it, and not because there will be women or anything else.  They are just playing golf, going to a sports bar, and going to a baseball game.  Sounds ideal to me!  No, the reason I am irritated is because J is doing everything himself.  He has made all of the arrangements, bought 16 baseball tickets, arranged tee times, called hotels, etc, for his own bachelor party! 

When I had my bachelorette party, Leah took care of EVERYTHING for me, and it turned out to be everything that I wanted it to be!  So I am a little frustrated with his guys.  I mean, yes, they live out of town (all three of them do, whereas two of my girls are here), but still, that's not right.  We're providing the house, beer, snacks, plans, everything!

But it is not my party, it is J's, so I need to let him do whatever it is that he needs to to make sure he has a good time, right?  And I know he will. :-)

So since there will be like 8 guys (in addition to mine) staying at my house this weekend, I am taking the other lady of the house (little Teek) and we are going to Toledo to do more wedding-ness!  I am planning on meeting with my photographer (and paying them a little bit more!), meeting with the girl at the hotel where our reception will be held (its a different girl than who I met for my tasting, as folks have moved around in jobs!), and I have a dress fitting.  It will most likely be my final one, although they may need to do some additional alterations because I am pretty sure that I am even MORE lean since they took it in two inches a few months back.  So I am nervous to see what needs to be done to it to make sure that it fits on my wedding day.

The photographer trip should be relatively painless.  They are friends of mine, and I worked at their studio way back in high school when I was getting my senior portraits done by them.  It is just to go over timing and stuff, and make sure that we are all on the same page with what is going on that day (THE DAY!)  I also need to do a little bit of brainstorming with J tonight to make a decision about where we want to go in between the wedding and the reception to have additional pictures taken.  We were hoping that we would be able to make some arrangements to get into the Mud Hens stadium (J and I both LOVE baseball) but so far that has not happened.  So most likely, in a very J & Em move, we will go to a bar.  We're not exactly park people, you know?

The weekend will be capped off with a meeting with the priest who is marrying us.  It should be fairly straightforward, making sure that everything is done, and that I have thought of all of the things that I need to!

Fingers crossed that I can survive the weekend and then maybe coast for the rest of the time!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! hope this last month goes well and that you enjoy the big day!

    ReplyDelete