Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Few Details, and Some Workouts

I got a lot of views on yesterday's post! J and I are both excited about this new journey that we are encountering right now, and although things are not easy, we are looking forward to the future. In just 7 weeks we will be able to find out the sex! (And yes, we are finding out, and yes, we will be making it public. J and I are both Type A accountants. There is no way that we could not know!) So that means I was 13 weeks yesterday, and I am due on August 5, 2013.

After I got home from work last night, I hammered through Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to get a little strength training/cross training in, as my "plan" dictates. That workout is always tough, no matter how many times I have done it! I may try and get consistent on this, but we'll see how that goes.

This morning, I was up for a run! It was the perfect day to run outside (just under 50*, no rain) but I was just not prepared for the outdoors. So I stuck to my original plan and headed to the gym for the use of their treadmills. I wanted to try some speedwork, even though I know that my speed is not quite where it was before. I am still 100% cleared to run by my doctors, I have just been told not to overdo it, and I have been very very careful about that.

Here is the run - based on treadmill speeds:
So I did 3x 800m. Not as fast as I used to do them (at an 8:34 pace, rather than my 8:00 pace), but I am still happy about it. It was definitely a tough run, and my legs were pretty tired, but I am really proud of myself for getting through it. :)

In addition, this week, I was named as a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I am very excited about this opportunity and what it will present to me!

Photobucket
I will definitely keep everyone updated on this and what my plans, etc, are related to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment