A quick 16 weeks and 2 days update:
- I am definitely finally growing a little. My regular jeans DO still fit and maternity jeans are still a little bit big, but I can see roundness that is beyond my early pregnancy (or the I just ate Chipotle) bloating.
- Along with the belly, I feel like my inner thighs must be growing EVEN LARGER than they were. Trust me, I have thick thighs. I don't mind it. But body glide is becoming even MORE essential than it used to be.
- Every now and then I am embarrassed by myself at the gym. I wore a tank top last week and felt like I looked like a cow in it. It's all about the belly that I never have had before. It seems scary and foreign to me. I know I should just suck things up and OWN IT after all, I am PREGNANT, but I can't help the insecurity.
- Similarly, I just upped my calorie intake on My Fitness Pal to "gain 0.5 lbs per week". It has taken just as long to adjust to that fact and relax about what I am consuming. Yes, it is only about 250 calories more per day, but I get heart palpitations thinking about it.
- We have officially started discussing a baby shower in Toledo - mostly because Jason is ready to start planning his own golf outing for the day rather than out of necessity to plan a baby shower. Its early yet to even THINK about it.
- We have our gender ultrasound (and only ultrasound) on March 6. This shall remain a secret to us (and to nearly everyone else) until March 8. We are having a reveal party at Tap House Grill on the 8th that will involve pink or blue cupcakes and pink or blue shots (I will not get a shot, so I think that means I get two cupcakes - that is fair, right?)
It was another good one. Not quite as quick as yesterdays, but I was pleased with myself for maintaining that 7.2 for 5 minutes. It was definitely not easy, but it was not as difficult as I had anticipated either.
Tonight's dinner plan includes bison burgers with bacon and cheese! I am pretty excited about them. I don't think that I have ever had bison burgers before. I will serve them with sweet potato fries. Yum!