Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Baby Update + the Usual - Running

I ran again today. Shocker, right? The planned 50 minutes on the gym treadmill. Yes, the treadmill and I have become quite close this winter. The whole not wanting to fall and harm the baby on any slick spots or get kidnapped in the pitch black 5 am hour has done a lot for the love of my treadmill. I will go into the workout here in a minute, but first, a baby update!

A quick 16 weeks and 2 days update:

  1. I am definitely finally growing a little. My regular jeans DO still fit and maternity jeans are still a little bit big, but I can see roundness that is beyond my early pregnancy (or the I just ate Chipotle) bloating.
  2. Along with the belly, I feel like my inner thighs must be growing EVEN LARGER than they were. Trust me, I have thick thighs. I don't mind it. But body glide is becoming even MORE essential than it used to be.
  3. Every now and then I am embarrassed by myself at the gym. I wore a tank top last week and felt like I looked like a cow in it. It's all about the belly that I never have had before. It seems scary and foreign to me. I know I should just suck things up and OWN IT after all, I am PREGNANT, but I can't help the insecurity.
  4. Similarly, I just upped my calorie intake on My Fitness Pal to "gain 0.5 lbs per week". It has taken just as long to adjust to that fact and relax about what I am consuming. Yes, it is only about 250 calories more per day, but I get heart palpitations thinking about it. 
  5. We have officially started discussing a baby shower in Toledo - mostly because Jason is ready to start planning his own golf outing for the day rather than out of necessity to plan a baby shower. Its early yet to even THINK about it.
  6. We have our gender ultrasound (and only ultrasound) on March 6. This shall remain a secret to us (and to nearly everyone else) until March 8. We are having a reveal party at Tap House Grill on the 8th that will involve pink or blue cupcakes and pink or blue shots (I will not get a shot, so I think that means I get two cupcakes - that is fair, right?)
This morning was the gym and a 50 minute run as I had originally planned. I remembered to body glide up before I left the house and luckily I did not have any issues today (unlike yesterday). At the gym I watched highlights from the MI State and Indiana basketball game and did this workout:

It was another good one. Not quite as quick as yesterdays, but I was pleased with myself for maintaining that 7.2 for 5 minutes. It was definitely not easy, but it was not as difficult as I had anticipated either. 

Tonight's dinner plan includes bison burgers with bacon and cheese! I am pretty excited about them. I don't think that I have ever had bison burgers before. I will serve them with sweet potato fries. Yum!

4 comments:

  1. Fun way to reveal the gender, we were boring and just told :) Great job on the running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am happy because cupcakes are involved. You can't go wrong with cupcakes! :)

      Delete
  2. Totally know the feeling of being insecure early in pregnancy! I feel like that goes away the more obvious it becomes that you're pregnant, and not just a little rounder in the middle. :) Congrats on the baby--I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes super smoothly!

    I've been super tight with my treadmill this winter, too. :) Everybody warned us that it would just collect dust, but we use it almost everyday. Take that, doubters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the baby update! Definitely own that pregnancy and baby belly!

    ReplyDelete