Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Little Sunday Prep

Sunday. I spent the morning doing my normal Sunday morning stuff, grocery shopping, cooking food for the week, doing a little kitchen cleaning work...  All of those things that I like to try and get done on Sunday mornings so I feel as though I have had a productive day if I just do nothing for the rest of the day. So today's cooking escapades included a dream dinner that J does not like (monte cristo chicken) for me to eat for lunches this week. Egg-o-ritos for breakfast for both J and I:
These were a whole wheat tortilla, lots of egg whites and eggs, black beans, extra lean ground turkey, and topped with a little bit of cheese. They are huge though, so I told J that when he eats it on his way into work, he should probably just leave it wrapped in the foil and that he should probably use that in hopes that the whole thing does not fall apart! I think they are going to be really good.

I also made some cookies for J. I found a recipe on pinterest, and decided to doctor it up a little bit based on some of the ingredients that I had in the kitchen. Basically, I had no peanut butter, so I used almond butter. They are pretty yummy, J says.
Not having any eggs makes them kind of crumbly though. But they are good cookies. I tried a little bit of the dough (safe to eat because no eggs!)

I will be 17 weeks tomorrow. My regular jeans stopped fitting. I had to wear them with a band yesterday and them unbuttoned for the first time. It scares me a little bit, but it also helps me to remember the fact that I am growing a real live life in me. How scary is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment