Monday, May 6, 2013

A New Product: Diet-to-Go, a Review

You may have noticed that I recently added a new badge to my blog, declaring myself as a Diet-to-Go ambassador. I am thrilled to have the opportunity for this partnership, which I learned about through my online community, being a Sweat Pink Ambassador.

From the Diet to Go website:

We Offer You Choice!

With three distinct menus, several meal plan options and hundreds of healthy and delicious meals, we've got a plan to fit your tastes, weight loss goals and budget.

Diet to Go offers three menu choices, as stated above, Vegetarian, Low-Carb, and their traditional, Low-Fat menu. You also choose your meals within that plan to customize to your meals to your own tastes. For instance, I have a shellfish allergy, and shrimp is a fairly common low fat protein choice, so I have more chicken and turkey!

I was especially looking forward to the ease of packing my meals to take into the office. I am trying to do better about packing regularly, and I knew that this would help. I have been working my way through the meals since they arrived mid week last week, and enjoying them so far. The breakfasts were absolutely my favorite.

On the first day, I tried my first breakfast. I defrosted an orange cranberry scone, which was served with orange marmalade. I took a bit before adding the marmalade, and it was delicious. It was dense, but not overly dense, and I was a little bit worried about that, because it was rather calorie heavy for a small muffin-like scone. The flavors were great and the oatmeal and cranberry flavors really stood out.

The problem that I had with it was that I definitely was hungrier earlier in the morning than I usually am after making a breakfast of oatmeal (my typical breakfast that I make for myself). I ate more calories than I usually might, and I was much less full then I normally am, and I am guessing it could be from the lower protein?

The other breakfast that I tried was whole grain French toast. This meal consisted of three pieces of French toast and a berry syrup. I used only about half of the syrup, and the meal was perfect. It was filling enough to get me through lunch, which made me very happy.

If you are interested in learning more about Diet to Go, or trying it for yourself, click here. If you are interested in trying any of the meals for yourself, for a 25% discount on your first week of meals, please enter the code "summer25" at checkout!

Disclaimer: I received 5 days worth of Diet-to-Go meals to try as part of my Ambassadorship. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment