Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Back to Normal

Now that I am back to real life/real world and away from vacation, it might be time to get back to some of my normal updates.

Despite the disastrous outing on Sunday with the GCM, I know that there will still likely be good days and bad days when it comes to running. Sunday was a bad day. Since then, I have had 2 decent days. Monday was a sleep in day, but I hammered out my bootcamp workouts in the afternoon.
Hard to believe I am already in week 5 of bootcamp! I have given up doing the cardio workouts as prescribed because I think the intervals have gotten to be a little too tough for me and Addie as a team. They seem to get my breathing super heavy and heart rate WAY up. I know that the 140 bpm is an old thing, but I am sure with as high as my heart rate is going, I should go a little easier. I am just sticking to the prescribed TIME for the cardio workouts.

Monday was 25 minutes of cardio. I completed them on the treadmill, running 2.75 miles. It was a pretty solid run, and one that I will not mind repeating! I ended up around a 9:05 pace, which is nothing to sneeze at. Especially since that is right around MGP when we get back to training next spring! Yesterday, I had 45 minutes of cardio on the agenda.
(for those who asked for an updated bump shot - 26 weeks, 2 days before my run at lunchtime yesterday!)
I completed my 45 minutes by running/jogging for 20 minutes, walking for 5, and then running/jogging for the last 20. Those 5 minutes gave me just enough time to catch my breath. I covered 4.7 miles in 45 minutes (even WITH that 5 minute walk break) which ends up about a 9:35 pace. Which a gal HAS to be happy with.

I registered for the Flying Pig 5K today. Although I am sad to not be running the half (which is what I would have been doing if I hadn't been pregnant), I felt like I really wanted to be involved since it is now a special race to me, being my first full and all. So I am glad that I will get a shirt and stuff from that. :)

Anything special in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment