Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Puppy Kisses FTW!

I sometimes am feeling like with lack of a current training plan that I don't have much to write about. So much of the last two years that are chronicled here are about running and/or lifting. Luckily, I managed to squeeze in a 4 mile walk, my physical therapy "workout" and some body weight/light weight stuff yesterday, so I potentially have a LITTLE bit going on.

Here is yesterday's at home PT mixed with a little bit of light lifting (not much at all, but more than I have been doing in WEEKS because of my elbow).
Super light weight as you can see. I am just not ready to graduate to my 5 lb weights on my bad arm yet. I am super close though, I think. Shocking considering 15-20 lbs was normal not that long ago, right?

I have to keep reminding myself that I will get there, it will come back, even if it is not happening as quickly as I would want it to, it IS happening, and I am making consistent progress! I know that Carmen believes things are going well, and she says that when she does my extensions and flexions she does not feel a hard stop, so she knows that I will be able to continue to improve it over time as of now. She seems fairly confident that I will get 100% mobility back in time, so I am just going to continue to do my exercises at home and hopefully we will continue to see progress.

Yesterday was very hot, and I spent the majority of the day sweating, regardless of activity level. Right when I got home from work, the dogs and I spent a little time outside so they could do their business, etc, and with the extra weight/hormones of the baby, I broke out into a sweat pretty much immediately. Someone thinks momma sweat needs lots of attention.
Right after taking the picture I pushed her away. I can only take so many puppy kisses on my face!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment