Friday, June 14, 2013

Strength, Bootcamp and Simple Walks

Friday. The day everyone waits for all week long, including (especially?) me! This week is no exception, as it has been a really rough one, working hard to get a little bit of movement back in this crazy elbow. The other day, J asked me to show him how far I could straighten it. I did. He seemed shocked. He wanted to know why I couldn't straighten it further, and was it just because it was hurting me? I explained that no, I could deal with some additional pain, that will subside as I adjusted. I literally CANNOT straighten it further than that. This has increased through the week already, but I am not there yet, and I don't think I will be for a few more weeks. But I will keep doing my exercises, keep icing, keep working hard to get myself back into full working order soon!

In other news, I have signed up for the next round of Tina's Best Body Bootcamp!
Yes, it is 100% unlikely that I will be participating in the workouts right away, but I will have them. I am getting access to everything that I will need to get back at it 100% after the baby is born. I am glad that I made the decision to sign up anyway, even knowing that I could not complete the majority of the work. I am going to start a folder that holds all of my BBB workouts and information and I will use that to pull from when I am looking for workouts to do.

Thanks Tina, once again, for hosting!

I have been putting plenty of pressure on myself to make sure that I am getting my walks in every day. It is kind of tough stuff as a general rule, and maybe I should relax a little, but I definitely have some anxiety if I do not get it all done every day. So I figure by walking, I am taking it easy on my body, and I am getting in enough activity to keep my anxiety levels down, which is just as important! If I have high anxiety, then I will definitely do additional harm to myself as well as potentially to the baby from just a high heart rate, etc. So nice, easy long walks it is!

If you have been pregnant, what were your workouts like?

No comments:

Post a Comment