Thursday, July 25, 2013

A High Energy Circuit

Sorry about yesterday's short and rather lame entry. I was at a training all morning, and was trying to make sure to share my exciting (I RAN!) news as well as get an entry in during a day where I was feeling a little stressed and overwhelmed due to some circumstances that are not baby related, beyond my control.

But due to those higher than normal stress levels, I decided that I definitely needed to get a solid workout in, even though running/walking was out due to the sore hips mentioned yesterday. So I was trying to think of a way to make sure my heart rate was up consistently (although with almost 30 extra pounds, my heart rate definitely gets up much more quickly than it used to!), and get some solid strength work in. So I started brainstorming ideas in my head and this was the full body workout that I came up with:
The color groupings were done as supersets. All three exercises back-to-back with no rest, then repeated two more times before moving on to the next group. As you can see, each group has an lower body move, an upper body move, and a cardio component for 1 minute. I felt great while doing this workout, although I definitely was grateful to have survived it when it was over. The whole thing took me about 35 minutes. This was with a little bit of rest between each exercise group, but minimal rest overall.

I am not entirely sure what today's workout has in store for me. I am 98% sure that I want to go to the gym at lunchtime, but at the same time, it is a super nice day out, so I feel like I should maybe take advantage of some super nice weather and get outside for a walk! My hips are feeling MUCH better after resting yesterday. Yes, there is still pressure there, but that is to be expected at 38 weeks, 4 days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment