Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Could it be Now? Today?

Another day of being in the office. The baby has not decided to make an appearance just yet. Could today be the day? I am not sure, but I really hope so. I am not feeling well today. My head is a little bit floaty, my stomach is not feeling all that awesome, my hips and back are hurting, all of the silly things that are going on. I am not sure if those are signs of impending labor, but I am definitely hoping so. Regardless, I have a feeling that today is going to be a long day.

Yesterday I went to the gym at lunchtime. I was on the elliptical for 45 minutes, which was a pretty good workout. It got nice and sweaty, but it was a fun time. It was extra interesting because there was a girl who was around 29-30 weeks pregnant on the elliptical next to me. That definitely drew the attention of the other gym patrons and employees. One of the employees (a MUCH - late 60s - older trainer) stopped by to chat with us for a few minutes, which is how I found out how pregnant she is. That was kind of a fun experience, and I like to think that other people at the gym were pleased to see how active we are at whatever stages in our pregnancy.
There I am in the usual work mirror after my workout. All of the clothes that I am wearing are non-maternity clothes that just have a little bit of give to them. That viewsport tank is awesome for stuff like that. I was hoping that the elliptical would help to jostle the baby down a little bit so we could get this show on the road, and she could come, but no such luck.

Yesterday I stuck with our dinner plans once again. I know that J is potentially impressed, but at the same time, I think that he finds it strange that I am so adamant about sticking to the plan until we go into labor. But I am really pleased about having a plan and feeling comfortable with it. I have tonight's dinner in the crock pot. We are going to have some barbacoa (well, not really because I am using pork loin instead of pork belly) as tacos on hard shells. Yumm-o!

Yesterday I wrote what I thought was my final stack of thank you notes. But I was wrong.
One of my coworkers made this little diaper cake for me. :) I am happy with it, and it makes me smile to know how much my coworkers care about and love me. I am going to miss them while I am out, so hopefully, I get a few chances to pack her up and bring her in to see my coworkers.

I am not really feeling anything in the way of contractions, etc, at this point, but things are definitely starting to feel. I am definitely getting scared. I am scared about labor and delivery and I am scared about being a mom as well. To  current moms out there, is this fear normal? When does it go away and get replaced with excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment