Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Doc Follow Up and PANCAKES

I might have a pancake problem. Haha. This entry was not going to be about pancakes necessarily, but I just read a blog entry from one of my #sweatpink sistas that had a pancake recipe in it, and now they are on my brain. I love pancakes. I could eat them for all meals.Waffles too. Waffles, I think, are simply special pancakes. With holes for more syrup. Here is one of my favorite pancakes (ok, waffles):
Homemade protein waffles (recycled pic from an OLD entry). Yum! I think I need to make a HUGE batch of these this weekend. Freeze them up for easy eating when Addie gets here. (In fact, I also need to make a lasagna and enchiladas for then!)

I had an appointment with my surgeon this morning. It has been 4 weeks since the last one. He had my therapy progress report and we had more x-rays done. Addie has had more x-rays in me than J has had his entire life, I bet! But I am always leaden with lead, so don't worry, we are taking good care of her! :) He said it looks like my fracture is now completely healed (woo hoo!) but because I am still experiencing a good amount of tightness (especially on the extension) I am going to continue at physical therapy. In addition, they are ordering me what is called a "dynamic brace". Apparently the doc and Carmen both thought this might be a good idea, they just haven't had a chance to talk to each other about it.
Source
Now I do not know that mine will look exactly like this or anything, but what I do know is that it is basically a spring loaded brace that will continuously put pressure on my arm to gently extend it for a longer period of time and hold it into place. I am nervous about it, but I assume (and HOPE!) my insurance will pay for it. *cross your fingers for me*

And I head back to Carmen tomorrow for 2x/week visits. I actually did not even schedule my next appointment with Dr. Penix, as he wants to see me in 4 weeks. 4 weeks from today is August 6. I am due on August 5. Amazing. lol. So when we get closer and I know what MIGHT be going on, then I will schedule my appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment