Here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer.
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they've been nominated. You also cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
So we will start with the 11 random facts about me.
1. I have been blogging for well over 10 years. I might not have always been here, but I used a site called Open Diary (which is still around) and I also had a Live Journal. It is just that only recently have I really taken an interest in promoting it.
2. Now that I am a mom, I am unsure what turns my life will take. I am going back to work on Monday already (Addie will be six weeks old tomorrow!) but I have no idea what that means and how I will feel once I am there.
3. I have a Candy Crush problem. Seriously. I had to charge my phone when I was in labor so I could keep playing it before Addie arrived.
4. I would prefer to go to bed every single night (even weekends) at 8 pm. This has diminished a little bit since the baby was born because she usually has her last feeding around 9, but you bet your butt that I go to bed immediately after her feeding!
5. Getting back to running after a few months off is really tough!
6. I am really looking forward to October 12th. This is tentatively the next time I have a day away to be "me" in addition to just being Addie's mom. That is the day of our annual trip to Frankenmuth!
7. I am a diehard Detroit Tigers fan. Always have been, always will be. I went to 50 games in a year when they lost 100!
8. I have a lifetime bucket list goal to see a game at every single major league ballpark, but I have a really long way to go. I guess we need to plan some family vacations around baseball. I hope Addie is up for that too.
9. I always have high hopes for yoga, strength training and crosstraining when I start training for a big race, but it always ends up falling by the wayside when I get focused on running. It is terrible, and not very good for me, but completely true. Anyone else have that problem?
10.I have super high levels of anxiety as a general rule. Now that I am a mom, I think they have quadrupled.
11. I was once an opera major in college. Obviously, my career is likely more lucrative now than it could have been, but I still miss singing a lot.
Here are the questions that Lynette sent to me.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the fall? Bake. I love fall vegetables and fall flavors, so incorporating all of those things into dishes for dinner or dessert really makes me happy. Plus I just love the weather.
2. If you could go anywhere for a weekend getaway, where would you go? St. Louis. J and I took a long weekend there pretty early in our relationship (it was our first trip together), and I just LOVE it there.
3. Favorite workout? Somewhere between running and lifting. It honestly depends on the day.
4. What feature do you absolutely love about yourself? My hair. It is extremely dark (black, mostly) thick and long. While having such thick hair can be obnoxious, I know from comments from others that it is enviable. So I love it.
5. What is your biggest health/fitness/wellness accomplishment from this year? I gave birth to a teeny tiny person who was healthy. I think that is a HUGE one.
6. Who do you talk to everyday? My husband and baby and dogs. They are my whole life.
7. How long have you been blogging for? As stated above, more than 10 years, just not in this incarnation.
8. Do you prefer to get your nails done or do them at home? I am not really big on my nails, they are rarely done. But because of that, I would say that I would rather have them done.
9. What is your favorite short term goal for 2013? Getting back into my pre-baby jeans. Wish me luck. I still have a little way to go!
10. What is something you cannot live without? I need books. I just absolutely adore books and reading. I love my kindle too.
11. Morning person or night person? I am absolutely a morning person. As I state previously, I would LOVE to go to bed every night at 8 pm and it is much easier for me to get up at 4 am to get a workout in (or, now, a baby feeding!) than it is for me to stay up to watch a movie at night or something.
Now I want to know... What is your favorite part about fall?