Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Officially "IN-TRAINING"

I am now OFFICIALLY in training for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. I am less than 6 weeks out, and I am feeling confident that I will at least be able to finish the race. As much as I would LOVE a PR, I definitely do not know if I have that in me right now. So I am trying to be a little bit easier on myself and just plan for a "run the whole race/finish" as of now.

So here is a quick review of the training plan that I set up for myself.
I want to address the Tempo Tuesday workout, which I did yesterday. I was not really sure what my tempo pace was going to be right now, so I just set myself a few goals that would allow me to reach the goals that I want to. So here was what I mentally set up for myself:
1 mile warm up
1 mile at goal marathon pace (9:07)
1 mile at goal half marathon pace (8:33)
1 mile cool down

These paces will set me up to PR the half and go 4 hours for the full, which is why I selected them. I was running at lunch, as this has quickly become the easiest time for me to get a run in and being back at work helps with that a TON.

Here were my actual splits:
Mile 1 - 9:40
Mile 2 - 9:06
Mile 3 - 8:28
Mile 4 - 9:09
As you can see, I definitely achieved my goals. I was super happy about that.

Today is a crosstraining day, and since I have lunch plans, I plan on doing a quick at home crossfit workout. That will get me some strength and some cardio all in one, and I will feel good about it. Like I am really following my plan!

But after work I will have my little crabby face to deal with.
She is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment