Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Great "long" Run

Sunday morning. Addie just woke up from a little nap and is eating. The puppies have been out twice and right now are cuddling on either side of Addie and me. Addie picked out her clothes for the day already because it's game day. So she's got some Chiefs gear to wear while they are going for 8-0!

She was ready for game day yesterday with the Buckeyes getting a huge 20th win in a row! 

Yesterday I started the day as I always do with Addie and the puppies. Getting everyone fed and cared for, because it seems to be more important to care for them than me right now which of course is right. After feeding everyone I left the whole gang with J so I could go to run group. 

I have resigned myself to the fact that Indy is not going to work out next weekend. Yes I have not been training so that definitely affects it, but with nursing it makes it way more complicated with a traveling race. So I decided to cancel my hotel reservation and forfeit my race registration. In line with that, I decided to head out for just 6 miles with the group. Here are the splits: 
Mile 1- 8:58
Mile 2- 9:09
Mile 3- 9:18
Mile 4- 9:06
Mile 5- 9:17
Mile 6- 9:12
Karen and I averaged a 9:10 pace over those 6 miles. It was a great run. I truly felt awesome. There are consequences of feeling awesome, I'll address them tomorrow. For now, here's a picture of Addie giving me a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment