Friday, October 25, 2013

LEG DAY!

...said in a similar manner to Hump Day! Gosh I love that commercial as dumb as it is. And I know I am not the only one...

So, like I said in yesterday's post, I was planning on it being leg day yesterday at lunchtime. It is one of the LiveFit workouts that I had already completed (I hope to do the other one - chest and triceps today), and I just love leg day because it makes me feel so strong. An example of this? On the leg press, I had 4 45 lbs plates on the machine, plus the sled. I think I am going to try for a 5th plate next week!

I had a successful workout, meaning, I made it there. I added weight to the barbell for squats this week (last week I did not just because it had been so long since I did squats in a squat rack I was unsure how my body would handle it). I didn't add much, just 10 lbs on each side, but I still think that it was a step in the right direction for my strength and for my mental health. Every little bit of extra weight lifted makes me feel more like my old self. I am getting stronger and feeling better every day. Even though I am not even close to where I was with running, the lifting I think makes me feel even more like me (maybe because it is my first love?)

As of right now, I am about 98% sure that I am not running in Indy next weekend. Even if I manage a long run (hoping for 10 miles?) this weekend, I just don't know how it would work out with Miss Addie, staying in a hotel, pumping, feeding, etc. Plus I have no idea how I would feel with a full-ish chest running for 2+ hours (I don't know that I would break 2 hours this time around since I am pretty much untrained). And so, assuming I was to feed her or pump right before, then I had to get to the race at least a half hour before it starts, then I run it in 2+ hours, I am going to be full by the time I finish. And while I could most likely feed her or pump in the car right after it is over, the end of the race might not be so comfy.

These are all things to be thinking about as I think about training for a full in the spring...

Here is a quick sample of our family photos.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment