Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pukey Smiles & Stress

So, Addie's two month checkup was yesterday (when she was technically two months and one week old). I set us a goal based on her one month appointment. At one month old, Addie weighed 7 lbs, 12 oz. My goal was to be just under 10 lbs by this appointment, which would give her that roughly 1 oz per day gain that they talk about as being a good thing at this age. Now, this was not a goal set for me by the doctor or anything, but in my head, I set it. I told J about it and my mom as well.

So yesterday...  9 lbs, 14 oz! We reached our goal! And we moved from the 8th percentile to the 10th for weight! YUSS! I am so proud of Addie and I for making that goal. But then she got 4 shots. Boo. She screamed in a way that I have never heard before. Not super loudly, but just a very different sort of scream than she usually has. I managed to not cry, which was a big win according to the nurse, and we got a print out of her immunizations to take in to school for her file. (Plus, she was good when J and I went out for dinner!)

She is my little one and I love her for all of that... I even love the happy spitter she has become. She will spit milk all over my clothes (this morning a lululemon jacket I was wearing) and then grin at me, her big toothless smile. You cannot be mad at that!  And yes, I came to work with puke on my clothes. What are you going to do?

I am still feeling rather overwhelmed with everything. My food intake is not that great. My workouts are not all that existent. I do not know what I am doing or how to make everything fit together. It makes me worry and stressed and ... well, all of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment