Sunday, November 24, 2013

Goals for the Week: Week of November 25

I kind of want to make a practice for myself that will allow me to set goals every week. I feel like it will keep me moving forward and accomplishing the little things that make me feel like myself. I know that the new me, this new normal is something that I need to adjust to, but I still need to be able to accomplish things and feel like I am a strong person like I was prior to Addie.

So if I can set little goals on a weekly basis, and then cross them off the list, one by one, it will allow me to feel like I am achieving things. For the week of November 25, I have a few things that I would like to get done.

  1. Run the Thanksgiving Day 10K in less than an hour.
  2. Work out at least three other days
  3. Cook a turkey with success!
  4. Stick to our prepared meal plan for the week.
  5. Finish decorating for Christmas (other than the tree)
  6. Wrap 3 Christmas gifts
It is fun that this week gets to be a little more fun and interesting than most weeks because of it being the holiday and I therefore have 2 days off work. Because of that, my week and my goals are much more focused on personal items, which is a nice change of pace.

Here is the Christmas decorating that is already started:
My village (I collect Snow Village by Department 56) is all set up and beautiful. I didn't even get it set up last year. It is the most involved of my Christmas decor (other than maybe the tree), and therefore, last year I skipped it. But I want everything perfect for Addie's first Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment