Thursday, November 7, 2013

November Goals

Better late than never.

We are now into the final 2 months of the year. We now have 2 more months to meet our goals or resolutions for the year. At least, I need to look at these goals that I want to meet by the end of the year. I want to reexamine what I have set up for myself and make sure that I can achieve what I want to this year. I am pretty close to everything.

The big issue that I am having is meeting my mileage goal for the year. It is going to be a tricky one. I definitely took it easy in September, even easier than the month that Addie was born and the month I had surgery. I decided that I wanted to run 1,200 miles on the year. That would average out to to 100 miles per month, and I was on track with well over that until I broke my elbow. I honestly was still on track until September since I was ahead of the game until then.

In order to meet my goal of 1200 miles this year (which by the way, I blew out of the water last year), I need to run about 110 miles in both November and December. I am not sure if I will make it happen or not, but I really would like to. I am going to keep plugging away at mileage this month and see how it goes.

But there needs to be more to this month than just trying to run. I need to have other solid goals for any given month that are not just about running or fitness. Yes, those things are a huge part of what I am, but I need to remember that there is more to life than that. So, even though I am now 6 days into November, here are my goals for this month:
1. Run/walk 110 miles
2. Enjoy my mini vacation with J to Boston.
3. Run the Thanksgiving Day Race in under an hour.
4. Prepare a turkey/Thanksgiving dinner for the first time (with help from my dad).
5. Get an email out to my coworkers about putting together a company relay team for the Flying Pig Marathon (I just received confirmation from a C-Level employee that the company will pay for this!)
How do those sound? I feel like that is a few goals that are achievable this month, but it won't be too easy. I want to be able to work hard to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment