Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekly Workout Recap: Week of November 25

Last week was quite eventful with the holiday and four days off and everything. Addie definitely struggled with the excitement and the lack of routine that the holiday and us having company built in for the weekend. Tim and Debbie along with their girls Brooke and Laura arrived on Wednesday evening around 7 pm. My dad called and said that he was going to leave super early (4:30 am) on Thanksgiving. So he would likely roll in right before I had to leave. But that is not what this is about. I want to write about the workouts that I did last week, even though they might have seemed to be a little bit light.

So here is what I accomplished last week as far as my workouts went:
Monday: Crosstraining. 12.5 miles in 45 minutes on the bike
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Unplanned rest
Thursday: The 104th Thanksgiving Day Race (10K) see recap here.
Friday: 2.15 miles on the treadmill and a core circuit (which has my abs STILL sore)
Saturday: 5 miles with the Buckeye group, 9:18 average pace
Sunday: Rest

So I accomplished my goals for the week where it was related to working out. I ran the race and worked out three other days as I hoped. I finished the race in under an hour as I hoped and I felt good the entire time I was running. I have to call last week a win when it comes to that. I am definitely proud of myself for sticking with that plan even though it was absolutely a struggle of trying to find the time and dealing with he guilt of only working out for 4 days. It stinks, since that was my goal, so I should be happy to have achieved it.

This week's goals are 20 miles, run group on Saturday, and feel happy with my accomplishments. That third one is the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment