Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekly Workouts: Week of December 16

Last week was the first full week that I had the Runcoach program that I received a discount on because I am a member of team Oiselle.
I already knew that this was a program that I liked, as Karen and I used it a year ago when we were training for the Columbus Marathon. And Karen purchased a year membership after that, so she was quite encouraging that it was worth it after some major PRs from her. So that was the plan I have decided to use when training for the Owens Corning Half Marathon (part of the Medical Mutual Glass City Marathon).
Using this made me feel good about having a plan for the week. I have kind of just been winging it, which is not necessarily the most productive way to train. I do not "officially" start training for my goal race until around February 1, but the stronger I feel going into it, the easier it should be for me. Here are the workouts I did last week.

Monday: Speedwork. 3.5 total miles. warm up. 2 sets of 3x300m (@7:08) w/100m recovery, 400m. cooldown.
Tuesday: walking. 2.25 miles in 45 minutes. Nice, relaxing walk with my dog.
Wednesday: 4 maintenance miles at 9:22
Thursday: rest day
Friday: Tempo/Threshhold run. Warm up, 3x 1mile (@8:27) with 1:00 recovery, cooldown.
Saturday: 5 miles at 9:22 pace.
Sunday: rest day

Total mileage: 19.75

Overall, it was a great week of workouts. I am hopeful that this week, despite it being the holiday, is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment