Well, welcome to the New Year. 2013 was a very hectic one, so now hopefully 2014 can be a little bit of my "new normal" and I can achieve a lot of good goals this year. I have spent some time working on them, knowing that I need to set goals in more aspects of my life than just running (although setting 10 running goals would be just like me). There is much more to me and my life right now than running, I have a career and a family that I need to spend time worrying about, so I need to set some goals around those two things as well.
So, here are my goals for 2014!
2. Cook one new recipe per month I have TONS of cookbooks on my shelf in the kitchen. Seriously. TONS. And I almost never use them. So one of my goals is to cook one recipe from one of those cookbooks or from a magazine I receive. Skip the internet this time around.
3. Run 1200 miles This was one of my goals for 2013, and I came within 70 miles of it. That's pretty darn good considering giving birth and breaking my elbow. Walking miles count. This year I want to make sure to balance running with strength training, that is why I am not increasing the goal. Plus, not training for a marathon definitely will make a difference as well. I am not going to run 20 miles for fun!
4. PR the half marathon I have definitely already mentioned this one. Glass City Half, here I come!
5. Participate in 4 blog campaigns I am enjoying growing this little corner of the internet that I live in, and so I hope that through the Medical Mutual GCM, Fit Approach, Diet to Go, Oiselle, etc, I am able to participate in 4 campaigns that will bring me new readers and help solidify my spot in this awesome community.
6. Wean Addie This one does not necessarily have a specific timeline, but my goal was to get through 6 months. I am almost to 5 and am very proud of myself for getting here. She is eating some food now, but still loves the snuggles that come with nursing. But it is trying for mom for sure, so sometime this year, before summer, we will get that done.
7. Read 15 books This will be some personal reading and potentially some professional as well. I have not put a whole lot of thought into what specifically I am going to read, but 15 books is a very good number.
8. Run a trail race I have always wanted to do this. Last year a lot of my running group friends started doing some trail races on the side, so this year I want to join them. Although I could have done some of the shorter ones last year, distance wise, I was too nervous about tree roots etc and falling (Turns out, that doesn't matter, I fell in a road race!)
9. Date night (no baby) once per month I am not sure how this one is going to go yet. I guess, every other month might be more realistic. Regardless, this is me making an effort to continue to grow in my relationship with J. We are still a couple. We are not JUST parents now, and I need to remember that. This is definitely more for me than him, as he is always ok with taking a night without her. Me, I struggle with that for sure.
So, there you have it. This is what I hope to accomplish in 2014 and what I am striving for this year. What are your goals for the new year?