Friday, August 15, 2014

A non-Mom, non-Running Post

To prove that I can actually talk about something other than Addie and running, I want to write a new post. Granted, this has a little bit to do with Addie, because nearly everything does these days, but there is a lot more to it than, "hey, look how cute that little nugget is..." and "omg she's going to be walking ANY DAY NOW!" (she is).

My anniversary is coming up on the 27th of August. 3 years. Obviously, those three years have seen J and I through a plethora of changes. Addie is the biggest and most obvious change to our lives. Plus a new house, new dog, fights, anger, happiness, craft beer, love, sex, vacations, trip to our hometown, trips across town, and many many other things...  Our life has changed and I wouldn't trade it.

But with all of the changes, I am sure that I have been a slightly more distracted wife. I know that everyone will say, you're a new mom, Addie is number one, etc, and yes, that is true. However, I am slacking off in the "wife" department, and probably not showing J how grateful I am. Yes, I handle all of the kid stuff (plus train and work full time) but in reality, he takes care of the majority of the household stuff. I cook, do dishes, and do laundry, but that is about it. Most of the normal stuff from bathroom cleaning to dusting and vacuuming is undertaken by J. I am sure that is a little bit lack of patience (I am terribly scatterbrained when it comes to cleaning). But a lot of it is that I am busy with Addie and therefore cannot do much cleaning. She is quite distracting.

But basically, what I am trying to say is, J is great. He does a lot for Addie and I. Yes, I work, and yes, I contribute to the household, but in reality, we are able to live the lifestyle that we have because of the work that J does. He works super hard.

Suffice to say, it is difficult to get anniversary presents for someone when you share money. Because obviously, there are a lot of things that I could purchase for him, well, once I figure out what he might be interested in owning, but he is pretty lousy at offering up ideas. So I am trying to come up with something on my own, something that will be meaningful and special. Honestly, I have ONLY one idea right now, and I am not even sure it will work out yet.

I was thinking I make him a fancy little homemade gift certificate for a nice steak dinner at a super place in Vegas. The issue is - we have not booked the trip yet. I do not even know if we are going yet.

So yes, that is a good idea, but what else?
What should I do if we DON'T go to Vegas?
Looking for ideas here!

No comments:

Post a Comment