Monday, September 22, 2014

Finding and Following you Passion

Do you feel unfilled? Ever? Frequently? Every single moment?

I would not say that I feel like that every moment, but it certainly is more than twice per week. I have certainly found myself in a career that is not necessarily fueling my passions in any way, and it is way more draining than I would like it to be. I usually start dragging when I set my foot in the door. I love the people I work with. And as far as jobs in my field go, this one is about as good as I could get! 

But I definitely spend time questioning whether or not it is something that I really feel good about. I sometimes feel sad, like I am missing something important. 

Let's talk about that for a second. Someone, ok, it is Addie, is nearly ready to walk. Yes, she is more than 13 months now, and she honestly has not been walking because she is a spoiled little nugget. She sticks out that lower lip and holds up her arms and no one can resist that! And if someone is going to carry you, why would you walk? But every now and again, she would surprise me. And she would just appear somewhere after I turn my back for one second.
Yesterday I went to kill a bug and when I turned back around she was in a box. Not just in a box, but under a table in a box. Weirdo.

Regardless, because I am working all day and she is at school, there is a very good chance that today is the day and she is going to take her first steps, and I am not going to be there. And I am definitely feeling down about that today. 

I think it is time to figure out how to follow my passions.
I guess not only do I need to follow them, but I need to figure out what they are.

Are you passionate about what you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment