Thursday, September 4, 2014

Strength Training - Little at a time

One of my goals for the month of September is to do a strength workout at least once per week. Now, I LOVE strength training. Unfortunately, when I am marathon training it usually is one of the earliest workouts to be eliminated from my regularly scheduled program. That absolutely makes me sad. One of the things that I have always prided myself on was my strength, and since Addie was born, I have been pretty focused on running. Granted, I have had some awesome results, and I am much faster than I was at any point before she was born, but strength training needs to be one of those things that I do regardless of my running. It is part of training, and it will be what gets me to the starting line stronger and faster. Right?

So in an effort to do a little more strength training, as I am hoping, I put together a quick 20 minute circuit that I did while Addie was watching Frozen. Yep, bad mothering, a one year old watching TV.
Obviously, she was into it.

So here was the quick 20 minutes of strength training that I got in.
Pretty easy, but hits all major muscles, and is good for core strengthening, which is what is really needed for running. So I am going to make a valiant effort in this last 6-7 weeks before Columbus. I can't redo what I have already done, but I have high hopes for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment