Friday, October 17, 2014

The runch crew

So my work running group is now up to three. There were three of us that headed out to the park yesterday to cover the 4 miles of trails that Greg and I have recently made our Monday and Wednesday lunchtime ritual. We have been having a fantastic time out there, and clearly now, people are seeing that and wanting to come with us. I am glad. Our Flying Pig team next spring is going to be fantastic. We might even need a second team. I think it will be a pretty quick team if it shakes out like I expect it to right now.

When I got into the office yesterday, Charlie found me within 15 minutes of me settling in for the morning. Charlie has only been with the company for two-ish weeks, but he has already made it known that he likes to run and he is pretty quick (8:00-ish pace). He told me about how he was running the Bourbon Chase and a half marathon soon. Obviously, I have some experience with both of those things, so I was interested to hear his thoughts on that.

It is nice to have a larger group to run with for sure. They keep me rolling when I don't feel like doing anything. And recently, that has been a little bit frequently. Nearing the end of training has left me feeling a little bit drained on running, which I assume is pretty normal for marathon training. I have been running hard and a lot of miles for a pretty long time. So burn out has been rather inevitable. But running with Greg and Charlie has re-inspired me for sure, and I am ready to keep it up with them.

Greg and I are relaying a half marathon on 11/15. Because we are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment