Monday, February 9, 2015

Workouts: Week of February 2

So last week's workouts varied a lot from the workouts that I had been doing for a long time. I am grateful for the self-realization that I did not have to push myself to do something that I truly did not want to do. It seems so simple, but I truly was struggling with this for weeks. Pretty much since Columbus, I have been struggling with this concept. So whatever happened last week that made me step back and re-evaluate, I am thankful for. I am happy that I was able to shake off my self-doubt and focus on the things that I wanted to do.

So let's look at last week's workouts and see how we feel about them.

Monday: Leg day (!!!) Already posted about this one yesterday.
Tuesday: 5 miles, easy. Upper body and core strength
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: 5 miles, progressive
Friday: Leg day #2
Saturday: 6 miles, 8:13 average pace
Sunday: 3.25 miles, upper body strength

Totals for the week: 24.25 miles, 4 strength workouts
Total number of days when legs could barely move but I ran anyway: 2

So yeah, I definitely had a few days of struggle fest with the legs, but I am sure that is because I pushed them incredibly hard, much harder than they had been pushed previously. At least for a long time. I am definitely feeling pretty good trying to get back at it with the heavy weights. I am hoping that now my legs are getting back into the swing of things and will be ready for something heavier this week. That would be fantastic!

I think this week I am going to start tracking what I lift, a little more like old times, and see where I start to shake out strength-wise. I think it will be a good week (at least I hope so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment