Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Stir Fry/Fried Rice Cooking

So I posted a picture of my fried rice that I made last week (Monday) on instagram, and had more than one request for additional information about it. So I decided that I am going to attempt to write a recipe, one of my very first EVER, for this blog. I did take measurements as I was cooking, so I can actually write a recipe, in theory, and so I suppose I will see how this works out!

Emily's Chicken Fried Rice
serves 3
ingredients:
2 small chicken breasts
3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
2 eggs
1 cup cut green beans
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp liquid aminos
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
salt & pepper to taste

The chicken and rice can both be prepared ahead of time. This was what I did when I made this meal. A lot of folks who meal prep may prep chicken or a starch for the week (I know I do!), so if that is the case for you, remember that when you are doing your weekly prep. This is pretty much plain chicken and plain rice.

1. Cook brown rice according to package directions. I used my rice cooker. Set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired and bake in a 350* oven until cooked through. Then cut into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Spray a wok or non-stick skillet with cooking spray/pam and add green beans and cook them. I like them to get a teeny bit of brown on them.
4. Add oil to pan and give a kick toss.
5. Crack eggs into pan and then scramble.
6. When eggs are fully cooked, add chicken and rice and combine. After those are heated through add liquid aminos and chili sauce, tossing to combine everything.
7. Serve immediately.

I have not done any calculation of macros on this, but overall, most of the ingredients are fairly straightforward and it is a solid meal.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment