Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Encouragement

After this past weekend where I spent all of my time tearing myself down, despite what I posted about Coach Jenn really building me up, I was in a bad mental state. I am honestly still not in a great one, and we are 3 days removed from this. I have talked to Jenn on the phone, we reworked my plan and talked through some of the issues that I am having and what is going on in my head. I honestly feel guilty. Granted, I have no idea what any of her other clients do, but sometimes I feel like I am REALLY counting on her to pick me up when I am in the dumps. I need to work on picking MYSELF up when I am in the dumps. Goals, right?

Anyway... I got a comment on a facebook post today. It was a post that I made on August 15 after a successful 18 mile run. Here is the post.
I whited out the name of the friend I mentioned in the post just in case.
Here is the comment I got.
Got rid of her last name and pictures, again, in case.

So thank you Marilyn for that reminder. (We met in Utah this summer at Ragnar, and she is a Oiselle teammate. Love her.)

And then literally 10 minutes after seeing that message, I got this text.
Yeah... clearly I have friends in my corner as well.
And my husband, looking after me when I told him about the failed 22.

And of course, this little sweetie pie was waiting for me when I got home.
Her selfie game is ON.

So...  thanks to everyone who tries to make me feel better. You have NO IDEA how much it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment