Monday, October 5, 2015

Chicago Marathon: Week of September 28

Whoa...  One week from today the marathon will be OVER. It is unlikely that I will have a recap post written by then, but I should have a post written about my last week in training, I would think (and I will plan on). I may drop in and just let the bomb out (bomb meaning finish time... I have no idea what to expect right now).

So let's take a look at the first week of taper, shall we?
(Quick reminder that I am only tapering for 2 weeks rather than my typical three since I needed to get one last twenty mile run in, if for no other reason than my mental state.)

Monday: 6 miles with 4x strides for 6.54 miles. 8:19 average pace. Also - wiped out on the curb.
Tuesday: Body weight strength workout and CORE.
Wednesday: 5 miles, easy pace. 8:46 average.
Thursday: Final Track Session! 5.69 miles @ 7:50 avg pace. 2x1000m and 4x400m.
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 12 miles. Stuck to my neighborhood and the treadmill and ran relaxed with the last 4 at marathon pace. 8:09 average.
Sunday: walk with my girl.

Taper is a weird time, I am sure anyone who has been through it will agree, but that is a post for another day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment