Thursday, October 29, 2015

Last Long Run

So first of all, this is not REALLY the last long run, because I have to run 12 on Saturday, but it was what really FEELS like the last long run, since it is the last one OVER the half distance, and the only one over the half distance since my last 20 miler before Chicago. I stuck to my neighborhood, which is sometimes a bit of a struggle because it makes it more tempting to go home, but this time, I pulled it off.

So, I did not get out in the morning. It was absolutely pouring, and I have decided that I am probably allergic to rain (not true, I just hate it when I am running, mostly because it makes seeing difficult). And I still felt like absolute hell from my medication even though I had not taken it for nearly 24 hours. I actually fell asleep on the couch after I got up and made my coffee like I do every day. I slept well the night before, I got up at my normal Saturday long run time, and this happened!

Regardless, as a result, I did not get out for my run until naptime. We decided to use the morning to be semi-productive. We went and did our family grocery trip to Jungle Jim's.
That is Addie on our grocery trip. We were relaxing while J had a beer and played a pinball game. That is an old airplane chair that they have in the bar of the grocery store (yep, my grocery store has a bar).

So anyway, my goal for this run was 18 miles with the middle 8 at 8:00-8:05. Admittedly, I felt a little discouraged when Coach Jen sent me my schedule from Chicago-Indy. It seemed like the paces were getting a little bit slower. I asked her about it, she said the goal was still the same (3:30-3:32) but she wanted to make sure I was ALL THE WAY RESTED. Maybe I need it? And just to run the marathon pace miles happily. If things feel good and I want to run 7:50, ok!

So lets take a look at my splits:
Mile 1: 8:30
Mile 2: 8:31
Mile 3: 8:27
Mile 4: 8:27
Mile 5: 8:24
Mile 6: 8:20
MARATHON PACE MILES:
Mile 7: 7:54
Mile 8: 7:58
Mile 9: 8:01
Mile 10: 7:58
Mile 11: 7:52
Mile 12: 8:04
Mile 13: 7:53
Mile 14: 8:02
COOL DOWN
Mile 15: 8:27
Mile 16: 8:29
Mile 17: 8:23
Mile 18: 8:29

I took a gel and water at mile 6 and at mile 12. It started raining at mile 10. Luckily, It was just misting most of the time, so I managed to not get TOO wet and skeezed out by the water.

Also, it is funny to look at the elevation for this run. The first twelve miles were SUPER flat and the last 6 were an out and back with a funny hill and climb. It looks COMPLETELY different than the first 12.

I AM READY.

1 comment:

  1. What gel do you use? Is it like an engery gel? And good luck you did awesome. Just started training for a 5k and I want to die after 1 mile lol

    ReplyDelete