Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Updated running - no GOAL race, but a race!

So somehow, it is Thanksgiving week, we have reached the end of November, the beginning of the holiday season and we are on a rapidly moving collision course toward the end of the year. At least, that is what it feel like.

I have been running regularly, and I had a call with Coach Jenn yesterday. Granted, I have not been able to establish definitively my goal race for spring, but I am making some progress. I am not sure when I will finally make a decision. It is definitely starting to stress me out that I have not made a decision. So for now, I am just trying to take a breath, relax, and just keep running for right now.

Because remember, I GET to run. I wonder if I can remember that always through my next training cycle.

I went for a run yesterday, 5 miles with 4x30s striders, at around 7:15 am. It was a not-so-pleasant reminder about winter in Ohio. It was below 30* for the first time all year, and I was frigid. I wore my CW-X tights, and I decided I need other tights. Warmer ones. Because darn it, my ass was FREEZING!  I think a new pair of Lesleys is in my future. Because its DAMN COLD!

I got my latest schedule from Coach Jenn yesterday as well. I still have not selected a race, but at this point in time, it does not really matter that much. I am just base building and starting to try and get my legs to GO again. I feel like I have been struggling in the turnover department since the marathon, but likely that is still me shaking all of the lead out. Strides have been helping for sure, and I know that as I continue to get my legs back underneath me I will be able to continue accelerating. I am racing a 10K on Thanksgiving, and would like to PR.

Full disclosure... I have PR'd in the 10K distance nearly every single time I run more than 10K these days. My 10K was achieved the week after I PR'd a half and less than one year after Addie was born. So I know that I should be able to knock that one out of the water, even on a hilly course. Originally, when I was supposed to have Chicago as my goal race, and therefore have over a month to get back into running, I was going to go for a sub-45. Unfortunately, I have only been running for about two weeks (well, race day will be the 2 week "anniversary") so I think it is very unlikely that my legs will run that fast. But I am going to play it by ear and see what happens.

I am seeing lots of "runner gift guides" out there, and I am thinking on my own, but we will see...  It may be out here later. Depending...

How is your week going?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Turkey Trots! Try to go easy on yourself about the goal race. I was initially super stressed about choosing my next long goal after my 50K, but I was also feeling awful and exhausted. I'm doing ok now focusing on trying to get my body happy and not worrying about the next big race, it's helping to NOT have a goal actually!

    ReplyDelete