Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lifting & strong

This is the first week that I officially have 5 days of running on my schedule. Granted, I also have run 5 days the last two weeks, but at the same time, I need to be able to get through all of this. I need to be able to get stronger and run harder. That's my goal, and so I am going to make the sacrifices needed to be better.

So that is what I did on Monday. I spent time working hard to get stronger and be better. I spent nearly 2 hours at the gym. I went and did my full body lifting circuit (that I assume is designed for runners since it is from Coach Jen) and followed that up with 50 minutes of lifting. So let's take a look at the strength workout that I did.

Here is the strength workout that I did:
3x12 goblet squats with 25lbs
3x12 reverse bicep curls with 20 lbs
3x12 (per leg) Bulgarian split squats with 20 lbs
3x12 bicep curls with 20 lbs
3x12 tricep extensions at 42.5 lbs
3x12 close grip lat pulldowns at 55 lbs
3x12 TRX rows
3x12 shoulder shrugs with 20 lbs
3x12 power cleans with 20 lbs
3x12 plank extensions
3x12 side planks with press per side
3x12 glute bridges
3x30s plank on forearms.

It was a pretty solid workout, and yes, it is the same one I do every week, but I really like it. I definitely think that it will be the right thing to help me continue to get stronger, and obviously, that is what I am trying to do this year. Strength. In every single part of my life.

And I am making big strides toward the strength in other parts of my life. So I am going to keep it up.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment