So sometimes I feel like I am not writing enough about my life. I write more about running, generalities about being a mom, and an attempt to post food pictures occasionally, so today I just want to write. I think bullets might be the way to go on this.
1. Work is so overwhelming. We had a rough fall at the office operationally, and that definitely led to a lot of hours and a lot of work. We are starting to come out of it, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I am striding to get there. Fingers crossed that we can be back to "business as usual" come March.
2. My new race kit is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I am SUPER excited, and I have spent extra time getting back to core work this week (I fell off the wagon a few weeks back).
3. Saving has been going pretty well. Every time I transfer $50 from my checking into my savings (I am trying to do this regularly), I feel like it is a victory.
4. I need to do taxes soon. I feel like that gives me a little bit of my "former" public accounting self (since I used to work in tax and now I just do "regular" accounting). Anyone else out there want me to do there taxes? I LOVE IT!
5. J's birthday is this weekend. I can't wait for him to see what Addie picked to give him (to give you a hint, I kept asking her for weeks what she wanted to get him, and she was very insistent that she wanted to give him "pancakes". Yep. Pancakes.)
6. I made a lot of progress in taking care of a few personal life items last week that had been hanging out on my to-do list for WEEKS. I am super pleased that I finally had time to do that. There are still a few lingering items on that list, but I am hoping to knock them out this week.
7. I owe several friends an email right now. See above. It is coming.
8. Our audit is starting at the office. Just when I started to hope things would calm down. Here we go again.
9. I need to get back on the "reading" train. I nailed it in January, and then have already fallen off the wagon in February. I think it is my own fault for trying to read the third Game of Thrones book. They definitely take much longer to read than LOTS of other books. But I am more than halfway done!
10. I like listening to podcasts on my runs. How about all of you? Not sure how I feel about the new season of Serial yet, but I am listening.
11. I recently have seen lots of "viral posts" on facebook about loving people with various mental illnesses (yes, that might not have been the most politically correct way to put it, but as someone who suffers, I feel that I can call it what I want). This one is one of the best I have seen. At least, relating to things that I personally deal with. I have found some others that were good, but I like that one best, so far.
12. I am ready for it to warm up a little. The "normal" temperatures for this time of year are in the 40s and we have been seeing 20s and colder. I wish we could get up to normal. That would be ideal for training!
What podcasts do you recommend? What is the weather like where you live? Any book suggestions that are easier to read than Game of Thrones for my 52 in 2016?