Thursday, February 4, 2016

Monday run - new location

I have been trying pretty hard to get posts written in advance in general. I have been doing pretty well with that, but every once in a while, you want to be able to write a more timely update. Something that is happening more in the minute.

So today I want to talk about my run from Monday, because although I ran from the office, and ran in Blue Ash, which is where I have worked for 5.5 years, and where I lived for 4 ish years, I have never run in this place. I have not ever run over to this particular park or even driven in this park and gone for a run or walk. In fact, I think I have only been to this park one time ever, for a cookout with my employer (I THINK).

So anyway, the park is called Sharon Woods. I did not really have anything in particular as far as workouts goes on the schedule, just 8 miles with 4x30s strides. Convo pace.

So Charlie had mentioned to me earlier that he had done this exact run earlier that morning, and knew that I was in the middle of a struggle fest in all senses of the word. I just was having all of the issues happening, which was not a great way to start out the week. I don't want to go into them, but suffice to say, I needed a distracting run.
Source

So that is not what the lake looks right now, it is after all, January, but it was still beautiful. It is three miles around and it is just over 2 miles to get there, so I was going to end around 7.7 miles to run to the lake, around it, and back. PERFECT.

So the other part that he mentioned to me that I managed to forget about until I got there? HILLS. He did tell me, I did have advance warning. But dammit. I was not expecting QUITE so many!
There you go, the hill profile from strava. Nailed it?

So here are my splits.
Mile 1: 8:14
Mile 2: 8:07
Mile 3: 8:22
Mile 4: 8:31
Mile 5: 8:33
Mile 6: 8:26
Mile 7: 8:11
Mile 8: 7:41

Strides after that, for an average pace of 8:12. Yeah... I flew on the strides. It was a good run and I was really glad to be reminded of where to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment