Monday, February 15, 2016

Training Recap: Week of February 8

Another week of training is in the books! This was a light week (relatively) and I enjoyed giving my legs a bit of a break, because I had been running the hell out of them for quite some time.
I definitely needed to take this week a little bit slower overall. I have spent the last several weeks running much harder than prescribed, mostly just due to stress. Things have been really hectic with work and home, and the stress has led to a few of what I like to call "rage runs". Which basically means running hard because it releases any stresses that I have had.

So let's take a look at last week, my step back week.

Monday: 6.2 miles #nuunyeardash!
Tuesday: 5 miles on the treadmill. 8:27 average
Wednesday: 6.64 miles - 6 miles with 4x30s strides, 7:57 average
Thursday: 50 minutes on the elliptical
Friday: 5 miles at 8:47 pace (finally! a TRUE easy pace day!)
Saturday: 10 mile long run
Sunday OFF

32.84 total miles. Not bad for a light week.

This week things are picking up again, and I am pretty excited for it. I am ready to knock this goal race out of the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment