Tuesday, April 5, 2016

March goal review

March was a less awesome month in terms of goal success.

1. Run the year.
201.75 miles were nailed in March. Obviously, this DOES include crosstraining miles on the elliptical, but still, the run the year challenge does include that, so I am going to count them all year (and kind of see where I land at the end of the year with running and not running). That means I have run 579.75 miles for the year or 1436.25 left to go. That means I need to average about 160 miles per month for each of the remaining 9 months. Considering the end of this month will start marathon base building, I think I am well on my way.

2. Travel to someplace new.
Nope. But we have started to discuss various vacation plans.

3. Read 52 books
2 more books in March. Yes. I am super far behind already. Ugh. Bummer. But anyway, I have read 8 books so far this year.

4. Write 200 blog posts. 
I wrote 18 posts in March, down from January and February, which is ok, but could be better. This puts me at 138 to go. That involves averaging approximately 16 per month for the rest of the year. More progress.

5. Take Addison to Bronners
Fingers crossed that the 4/22 date works out...  Keeping this in mind.

6. Work on the development of the team at work
Continuing to work on this, especially my reconciliation resource. 

7. Do one thing for myself EVERY DAY
Doing well here. I have been really diligent about doing this. Sometimes it is the "little running" things, stretching. Core. Foam rolling. Plus I worked hard to prep for this interview that I had last week.

8. Cook 12 new recipes.
This month I was in a baking mood. I got through TWO new recipes, all for desserts this month.
Dulce de Leche bars
Rapsberry lemon cheesecake.

9. Show my coworkers and team more of "Runner Emily"
Obviously, no real way definitions around that, but I am working on it. And I am doing ok and keeping my head up and smiling. It is a start?

10. Figure out certifications
The big thing right now is actually studying for the CPA exam. It is not the certification that I was originally planning, but it is working out for this overall goal of the year. 

How was your month?

No comments:

Post a Comment