Thursday, May 19, 2016

A new recipe!

I have not gotten into the detail of this yet, post to come, but I am working on making a few slight modifications to my diet to hopefully have some major changes will come to my running! As a result, this past weekend I meal prepped!

This also resulted in a new recipe, something that I am using as a side dish.

I made Tawnee Prazak's Sweet Potato - Coconut Flour Biscuits.

I have been listening to her frequently on Endurance Planet as I have found this to be another great podcast to listen to while I am running. And she discusses frequently fat-adaptation for endurance athletes, and while I am not 100% a believer (yet), I am definitely interested in learning about this, and it obviously is encouraging whole foods, which is certainly not a problem at all!

I made a few modifications to her recipe, so here is what I did.

3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
4 large eggs
4 cups sweet potato, grated
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup coconut flour

Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. Bake for 30 minutes on foil lined baking sheet.

This made 15 biscuits for me.

Mine appear to be a little bit more crumbly than Tawnee's picture, but that is ok. I did not add the cheese like she did (maybe next time?) But I am really enjoying them as a snack or side dish with my lunches this week.
Do you ever bake with coconut flour?

No comments:

Post a Comment