Thursday, July 28, 2016

SLS3 Compression sock review

I received free socks but no compensation in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own.

A few weeks ago, I received an email from SLS3 offering me an opportunity to review their butterfly compression socks. They would provide me with one pair of socks, my choice of color, in exchange for this review. Knowing that I love compression socks, I applied for this opportunity, and when I was selected, I ordered the caribbean blue socks through amazon.com.

Source

I wore them twice before committing myself to a review, once for a run, as I do like to run in compression, and once for recovery. When I took them out of the package, they were relatively stretchy, and so I was not sure what the compression was going to feel like. I wanted them to be effective for recovery, but still be comfortable enough to run long in. I took them out for 16 miles.

The socks were surprisingly difficult to get on, considering the stretchiness of the sock. Once I pulled them up appropriately and adjusted them accordingly (so they fit me comfortably), they felt quite well. I purchased them in XS/S (running shoe size 9) and they were the right amount of compression for me. In addition, despite the fact that they are long sock, they breathed well and were comfortable for the 16 miles that I tested them.

Wearing them for recovery was the other test I put these blue socks through. They felt great, kept my legs feeling fresh, and made me super happy.

If you are looking for a pair of long compression socks for training or recovery, I highly recommend these. You can purchase them here or here on amazon.

Do you wear compression? Just for recovery or for workouts too?

No comments:

Post a Comment