Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday morning blahs.

It is Tuesday, I woke up this morning and just immediately... felt... blarg. I am definitely feeling tired from all of the 4 am wake up times, but at the same time, I know that it is what I need to do right now.

I am typically getting about 6 hours of sleep per night. That is how I am managing to fit in all of the miles that I need to run, that is how I can work the hours that I need to work, make it to doctor appointments in the middle of the day, etc. I have been at the chiropractor three times per week the last two weeks (and will be this week as well), because my hips are jacked up. I am letting a man (ok, a doctor) re-adjust my hips three times per week right now, and likely two times next week, etc.

This doctor has also limited my ability to get to Barre 3 recently, as I need my time away from the office to be spent at a doctor's office, which sucks. The good news is that I have been getting better. My hip adjustment is less each time. The doctor likes to have fun and challenge me with stabilizing exercises. He admitted this last week when I was doing various squats, etc, on a bosu ball while tossing a 10 lb medicine ball back and forth with him. Apparently, he does not have too many clients (patients?) who are strong and in good shape, and so he enjoys making me do things that he doesn't get to try too often.

Luckily I have a free month of the #barre3anywhere app, and I have been using it to squeeze in a little bit of extra time at the barre (or not, how about, at the chair?) which makes me feel like I am still doing something, even if it is not ideal. Hopefully soon I will be able to get back to the studio regularly. Marathon training will be on a hiatus in about a month, so hopefully that will allow me some time to go back to the studio regularly. I definitely wish that they offered a lunchtime class...  or 4:30 pm every day... It would be so much easier to work that into my life.  I can hope, right?

Ahh, well...  It is what it is, and I am going to pull off getting it all together, I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment