Monday, October 17, 2016

Training Update: Week of October 10

So I am back in base building mode following the marathon that I ran a month ago. I think I recovered more slowly than I usually have after a race. I think that is for a few reasons.
1. I ran MUCH harder and put forth much more effort than I have ever before in a marathon (or any other race for that matter.)
2. The humidity was right at 100%, plus temperatures were more than 60* throughout the race.
3. I was nearing the end of my entire year of training, so I was just tired.

But after two weeks off, I am back on the wagon, and one month after the race, I was able to run in a way that I would consider "normal" again. So right now, I am just beginning to incorporate strides into my runs again, and I still have a few weeks before I actually log any tempo miles or interval miles. And that is ok. I need this time mentally, and I don't really have anything major coming up until next April (BOSTON BABY!)

So let's take a look at the last week of training.

Monday: 6 miles, convo pace, 4x30s strides, Pure Barre, Core.
Tuesday: 60 minute walk. Pure Barre. Core.
Wednesday: 6 miles, easy. Pure Barre. Core.
Thursday: 6 miles, 7:55 pace. Pure Barre. Core.
Friday: 5 miles, easy. Pure Barre. Core.
Saturday: Pure Barre.
Sunday: 9 miles, convo pace.

32 miles
5x Core
6x Pure Barre
1x XT

A great week for my first week back to posting training logs, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment