Monday, January 9, 2017

Training Update: Week of January 2

The first week of January has come and gone. It was my first "official" week of training, at least that is the way that I am seeing it. Coach Jen might disagree (in fact, I know she does based on the conversation that she and I had mid-week last week), but I had a workout this week, so I am calling training started.
So here is the second of two marathons that I will be running this Spring. The first is my true goal race and is Boston, but I am trying to remain focused and not distracted on my goals relating to that.

So let's just take a look at this first week of training.

Monday: 7 miles with 4x30s strides. 7.66 total miles, fast. 8:02 average pace. Core.
Tuesday: 60 minute walk. Pure Barre. Core.
Wednesday: 7 miles, easy (8:58 pace). Pure barre. Core. Foam rolling.
Thursday: 7.52 miles - fartlek ladder. 7:45 average pace. Core. Foam rolling.
Friday: 6 miles, easy pace. Core.
Saturday: 10 miles.
Sunday: OFF

38.18 total miles
5x core
3x pure barre
2x foam rolling
1x XT

Overall, it was a pretty good week. Onward to the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment