Monday, January 30, 2017

Training Update: Week of January 23

Somehow, in the blink of an eye, I am left with only 11 weeks of training. 11 weeks until Boston, and just under 12 until Glass City.
This past week was a down week, which I was feeling like I needed more than ever. And that is super weird considering my paces are not up to par with where I want them to be in 11 weeks. Hopefully taking this week lightly will help me have a solid week this week.

Monday: 6 miles with 4x30s strides. 6.57 miles total. Pure Barre. Core.
Tuesday: 50 minute walk. Pure Barre. Core.
Wednesday: 5 mile run, 9:04 pace.  Core.
Thursday: 5 mile run, 8:40 pace.
Friday: 5 mile run, 9:00 pace. Pure Barre. Core.
Saturday: OFF (prehab stuff)
Sunday: 9 miles. Core.

Overall, this was not a bad week. I felt pretty good, got outside most of the time (thank goodness), and just ran relaxed every day. At first Thursday felt like a bit of a let down, because I was not actively trying to slow down (like I was on Wednesday and Friday), but at the same time, it was 4 am and I was not awake yet. My first mile was 9:14. That kind of mile is going to drag an average down.

Anyway, starting to crank it up again this week. Cross your fingers that the 4 am workouts get easier, that the legs start to turn over faster, and things start to feel solid now that we are getting into that heavy mileage stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong and confident. I'm using Hal Higdon's Boston Bound plan and one of the aspects that I appreciate the most is the long run philosophy. Long runs alternate week to week between distance (e.g. 14 miles) and time (e.g. 1 hour and 30 minutes) because winter running can be extra challenging.

    Be kind to yourself. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete