Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Post race recovery, the mental side

I am struggling a little bit post-Boston. Just feeling a little sad and let down since the race is over and I had been waiting for so long to be there. It is still a little bit difficult to believe that this was a week and a half ago.
Heck, the marathon was awesome, of course, but it is hard to believe that this was a week and a half ago as well.
Yeah, I have a feeling that until I really get back into training, Boston is going to be on my mind for a while. Heck, even when I am training all through the heat of Ohio this summer, I think the heat of Boston is going to be on my mind. 

So I think that this is where my mind is... It is definitely a little bit stuck right now, and I am hopeful that when training starts to ramp up I can refocus.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there and keep your head up! I'm now in that post-race lull also and desperately wanting to sign up for something soon, but trying to refrain!

    ReplyDelete